Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Helicopter Results

Greetings All... I know our last day of class was quite the rush and hence we weren't able to fully debrief the helicopter exercise. I wanted to share the results and some insights I had being the "observer"....First the results (drum roll please......)


Two-sample T for time

team N Mean StDev SE Mean
cheap gas 9 2.421 0.269 0.090
Hubshr 10 2.502 0.159 0.050


Difference = mu (cheap gas) - mu (Hubshr)
Estimate for difference: -0.081
95% CI for difference: (-0.305, 0.143)
T-Test of difference = 0 (vs not =): T-Value = -0.79 P-Value = 0.446 DF = 12


So....no clear winner ! which by default makes everyone winners (or losers depending on your point of view).

Some insights:
Cheap Gas seems like they had a less robust design that was more susceptible to noise factors.
Hubshr 's choppers seemed to fly consistently. The difference in standard deviation seems to indicate that. (although not statistically significant).

Thanks again...

ER

No comments: